Thursday, December 15, 2011

[Southern Lights]

We started off our day by just being lazy and hanging around the house. In the early afternoon we decided to finally get off of our bottoms and go run some errands. We ended up at Micheal's, where they had a HUGE sale on their Christmas foam crafts. I found some awesome little Christmas trees and ornament stickers for a couple bucks each, so we picked those up and had a great time piecing everything together! I punched holes in the tops of the trees so we could string them up and make a garland. M had so much fun :)





After we finished, M, dad, and I all hopped in the car to go to Southern Lights. They have this awesome setup at the horse park with millions of Christmas lights... it takes probably 10-15 minutes to drive through... I'm not really sure what the distance is. At the end of the driving tour, it spits you out into the parking lot for the visitors center, which is where they have a bunch of fun Christmas activities to enjoy. They have model trains, a petting zoo, pony and camel rides, a mini-train ride, arts and crafts vendors, awesome refreshments like kettle corn, hot chocolate, and funnel cakes, and you can even visit with Santa. We've been going to this for the past 4 or 5 years, and I always look forward to it! I took lots of pictures this year:













The last picture is from the mini-train ride. Can you tell that she was super-excited??

We are seriously getting into the Christmas spirit around here! I think next on our list should be making a gingerbread house. I am SO GLAD I made the choice to quit working right before the holidays. Man, it sure feels good to actually enjoy the holiday season for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment